Hi Jag,

I'm not 100% sure what you are looking for.  Are you asking for a table
that maps what  &{RECORD.FIELD.value} gets translated into  when used in
different places?  If so I don't really know of one but it might be a good
idea for us to make one once we settle on what the defaults would be for
V6

(and I need that input ASAP for a meeting just after lunch today!!)

Without looking in the code and figuring it out exactly here is a quick
guess for just the  &{RECORD.FIELD.value} case

FieldText = the field content
jsRef = the JavaScript DOM reference (i.e., NOT inline-able text)

                     pre-5.1.2.2 5.1.2.2                 6.0 & beyond
                     =========== ======================= ============
Input Capable Field  FieldText   jsRef.value                  ????

Output Only Field    FieldText   FieldText or 'FieldText'     ????

Also recall that you can do

&{RECORD.FIELD.ref} to get the JavaScript reference
&{RECORD.FIELD.initialvalue} to get the initial field value from the data
bean
&{RECORD.FIELD.currentvalue} to get basically &{RECORD.FIELD.ref}.value
for input capable fields

Now, my thought is to go back to the pre-5122 way (i.e.,
&{RECORD.FIELD.value} would map to  &{RECORD.FIELD.initialvalue} and
initialvalue would not be quoted).  That would provide the greatest
flexibility and least grief in most case I think.

But I need to know what _YOU_ think ASAP !!

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx

jag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/25/2005 08:17 AM

Mike Hockings/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] WebSettings for WebFacing in WDSC V6 and beyond

Mike
      Thanks for the email, I was wondering, is there any table which maps
DDS to equivalent JSP functions eg. ( &{RECORD.FIELD.value} ). I would
really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Jag