 From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
 Behalf Of Christian Lugo
 Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:15 AM
 To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 Subject: [WDSCI-L] Webfacing Strange Behavior

 When a user tries to access a webfaced application,
 sometimes it stays after
 puttin' the username and password the first DDS of
 the application doesn't
 show, it stays trying to connect.

 The job with workstation name QQF*, it's on QINTER,
 but the joblog doesn't
 show any message, the normal behavior would be to
 add some libraries to the
 library list, because we use an initial program.

 This problem doesn't appear for all the users,
 althought it shows for
 various users not at the same time until now.

 Whe restarted the Webfacing server on the iSeries,
 and the problem persists.

 This happens on any PC that we use, obviously is
 something with the i5/OS.

 Whe have found that the user can access the
 aplication with no problem after
 some time (30 to 60 min).

 Because we won't have that time in production, after
 trying almost
 everything whe found that copying the user profile A
 as user profile B,
 deleting A and then renaming B as A let's the user
 access the aplication
 with no problem, but the problem reappears after a
 days, there are users who
 never have this problem some that could't access
 from the first time, again
 is not general this happens just for some users but
 we are still in test
 environment with a few users (10 max concurrently).
 This behavior is so
 random that we didn't found any pattern.

 Trying to do STRSRVJOB, says that the aplication
 did't answer the request or
 something.

 We have:

 i5/OS V5R3 with

 SF99530 CUMULATIVE PTF PACKAGE C5102530
 SF99529 GROUP HIPER
 SF99503 DB2 UDB FOR ISERIES
 SF99275 WEBSPHERE APP SERVER - EXPRESS V5.1
 SF99269 JAVA
 SF99173 IBM BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
 SF99099 IBM HTTP SERVER FOR ISERIES

 WebSphere Developmet Studio Advanced Client for
 iSeries 5.1.2 updated with
 the latest fixes via Web.

 Thanks in advance.

 Before posting, please take a moment to review the
 archives at
 http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.

 --
 This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for
 Before posting, please take a moment to review the
 archives
 at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.

 Discover Yahoo!
 http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html

   --

   Weyco Group -

       Florsheim, Brass Boot, Nunn Bush, Stacy Adams
   Duane Kehoe                       Phone # 414.908.1814
   EC / Programmer / Analyst           Fax # 414.908.1610
                             Email: dkehoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx