The monitoring and the filtering are really two separate features of the
plugin.  For one thing, to monitor a queue you have to be able to allocate
it so the feature is not practical in general for anything other than the
message queue for your own profile.  Second, we are not trying to build a
message queue monitoring solution here.  This is a free utility we whipped
out on our own time so that developers would know when their submitted
compile jobs completed.  Not that you cannot use it for other purposes,
just that is where our motivation begins and ends.  Just as with the
spooled file plugin our motivation is to let you view and access your
compile listings and job logs not look at *AFP spooled files with custom
overlays etc...

What you are essentially asking for is to be able to specify the *MSGQ you
want us to monitor, as opposed to having us assume it is the *MSGQ for
your *USRPRF.  I will add it to our to-do list, but cannot make any
promises as to when or if we will deliver it.

Thanks

Mark

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/27/2005 09:53:40 AM:

> Any ideas to work around this, to get my popups from a specific message
> queue with another name than my username and in another lib als QUSRSYS?
>
> Or should I officially contact SoftLanding with my question/problem?
>
> Of course it would be best (in my opinion) to be able to active 'Monitor
> message queue' per filter (to get the pop-ups) instead of a general
> setting for 'iSeries messages'.
>
> Bas

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. by IBM Email Security Management Services