From: Bruce.Vest
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:18 AM
To: 'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] LPEX Editor for RPG IV

We've got a number of different environments today.  The bulk of our AS400's
are all setup the same.  One user environment per location, each location
having 1 (or 2) AS400's.  (Lucky ones having 2 with the second being a hot
failover.)

We've got a few systems now that have multiple user environments on them.
This is almost new concept here.  When management decided to put multiple
environments on a system with each area having it's own library lists
(another new concept), the only way I could get it to fit with their
approval was use the TELNET exit programs.  All 5250 connectivity is Client
Access TCP/IP based.  This let me use the telnet exits to force a specific
device name which in turn forces the specific subsystem, job description,
etc. allowing me to kill connectivity to an application by killing that
application's version of QINTER.  Also helps with performance monitoring,
etc.

I'd like to push them along at a faster rate but management can only handle
so many new concepts at a time.  ;)