Sarah,

Thanks for the reply.  I too had used the overkill
method you listed below and will probably just stick
with it.  It always returns the column heading and it
is always nicely formatted.  I was just hoping I could
get by with only one JDBC call for the information I
needed.  I'll just have to suck it up.  The code that
is doing the JDBC call is remote so I can't use the
DB2 driver on the iSeries you mentioned.  It looks
like I'll be doing this the clunky way.  Thanks again
for all your help.

- Jason

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2help/index.jsp?top
> ic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/ad/c0007044.htm).
> >  Is this true in all cases or is there a new
> version
> > of the DB2 JDBC driver that can be downloaded?  A
> > co-worker tried creating a table from DDS members
> but
> > the JT Open driver still returns COLUMN_NAME for
> > resultSetMetaData.getColumnLabel(colIndex).  The
> code used to
> > create the table (as a physical file) is
> > below:
> >
> > A          R TEST2R                    TEXT('Test
> > DDS-created colhdg')
> > A*
>

> > A            FIELD1         1
> COLHDG('Field'
> > 'One')
> > A            FIELD2        10
> COLHDG('Field'
> > 'Two')
> > A            FIELD3          Z
> > COLHDG('Timestamp' 'field')
> >
> > Does this look correct or are there other steps we
> > need to take to set the column headings?  Thanks
> again
> > for the reply.
> >
> > - Jason
> >

> > --- SPoger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > > You may want to use the DB2 JDBC driver for the
> > > As/400. I have noticed
> > > that when I use the JT Open or jt400 driver, I
> only
> > > get the column
> > > descriptions on tables created from DDS members.
> > >
> > > When I use the DB2 driver, I get the column
> > > descriptions for tables
> > > created via SQL. ( ie CREATE TABLE syntax.)
> > >
> > > I have never been able to get the column
> desciptions
> > > from both types of
> > > tables from a single driver.
> > >
> > > -Sarah