Let me see if I can shed some light here...

The RSE actually stores filters inside of filter pools.  Filter pools are
not owned by any specific connection, instead connections can reference a
filter pool (so multiple connections can reference the same filter pool,
or a single connection can reference a filter pool.)  Since filter pools
are more of an advanced topic we decided not to show them when you
initially start WDSc and the default behaviour is to have a single filter
pool that is referenced by all connections.  Any filters you define get
created into this default filter pool.  That is why you see your filters
under each connection.

So, to do more customization you need to turn showing filter pools on
(click the drop down menu in the Remote Systems view (the upside down
triangle) and select "Show Filter Pools".  You can now right click on the
subsystems and create new filter pools and filter pool references.  You
can then right click on a filter pool and create a new filter inside of
it.

You should now be able to customize your filters the way you want.  Give
this a try and let us know if you think there are ways you would like to
setup your filters but still can't.

Don Yantzi
Technical Release Lead
WebSphere Development Studio &
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

jag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/17/2005 01:10 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Filter pool & Signature settings

My challenge, is to have the same spec, and as well as use the same filter
name in different connection, RSE does not allow that.

                      vhamberg@comcast.
                      net                       To:      Websphere
Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                  cc:
                      wdsci-l-bounces@m         Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L]
Filter pool & Signature settings
                      idrange.com

                      01/17/2005 11:36
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Websphere
                      Development
                      Studio Client for
                      iSeries

In 5.1.2 you can say to create a filter only in the connection you are in.
Does this let you use the same name but a different specification? The
default when creating filters is to have the filter in all connections,
but
then it has the same specs.

HTH
Vern

> I just noticed today, that I will not be able to create a filter of same
> name in other connections (we have 3 LPAR box Live/Dev/Test). Is there
any
> settings which will override them.
>
> Moreover in regards to adding signatures to changed lines (Mod marker),
we
> have an ERP, which is heavily modified , could I suggest, it will be
great,
> if we could suggest the column# beginning instead. I feel this would
give

> higher flexibility and as well as preserve the original mod marker.
>

> Thanks
> Jag
>

> -=- A. Schulman Inc. Email Disclaimer -=-
>
> The content(s) of this e-mail and attachment(s) are confidential, may be
> legally privileged and is for the use of the intended recipient only.
> Access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any of it by
> anyone else is prohibited. If received in error, please delete and
e-mail

> confirmation to the sender.
>
> A. Schulman Inc. does not guarantee that the information sent and/or
> received by or with this e-mail is correct and does not accept any
> liability for damages related thereto.
>
> --
> This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)
mailing