From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Don Yantzi
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 9:34 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] Additional statement numbers iniSeries sourcewith
5.1.2.3

Rick,

Glad to hear that.

As a general rule, I would try to avoid using a network drive for your
workspace if it can be avoided (I realize in this case you are having some
hard disk space issues!)  This is main for performance reasons:  when you
edit a member the RSE downloads it and stores it in this temporary project
while it is being edited (the remote member is locked just like SEU.)  So
in effect you are downloading the member from the QSYS file system to the
local PC, then saving it back to the IFS before it is opened in the
editor.  Every time you save the editor the exact reverse happens.  So you
are sending the member over the network twice.

Don Yantzi
Technical Release Lead
WebSphere Development Studio &
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

Privileged and Confidential.  This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.