Cheri

One way is to go to Windows->Preferences, open Remote Systems, open iSeries, and click on Command Execution. There's an option in the top section to "Compile in batch" - check or uncheck as you want.

This is a global setting. I have not found a way to override this when taking the Compile or the Compile (prompt) right-click menu options. But you can create user options, and these can be created with the way you want to execute them - batch, interactive, or normal (through the RSE communication server job). Interactive requires that you have a PC5250 session running with the STRRSESVR having been executed. Normal is sort of like interactive - check the help for details.

Others will correct any errors here - please!

HTH
Vern