Donald,

     Here is what I know from my 17+ years of programming in RPG.  The
major differences I've experienced between RPG36 (RPG II) and RPG (RPG
400) is that a lot of the options on the H-spec went away and the F-specs
changed.  On the F-spec there is no such thing as a file designation type
of "C" (chain) anymore.  All those files will need to be changed to a "F"
(full procedural).  File block lengths went away.  The mode of processing
option "R" has been removed, and the record address types of "I" doesn't
exist either.  Where it can get a little time consuming is if any of the
programs are interactive programs.  You'll need to dump any DSPF36 files
and go to DDS described display files.  Fortunately there is a converted
version of the DSPF36 source found in the source member S36DDSSRC.
You'll also need to change the RPG program to use the op-code EXFMT
(instead of Write and Read) and dump the input and output specs for the
screen format.  It's been a little while since I've had to convert a RPG
II programs, but I think that's about it.  After you've done all that you
might as well take the extra 2 seconds, and convert the program from RPG
to RPGLE using the CVTRPGSRC command.  If I've missed anything, or said
something wrong someone please jump in here.  I hope this helps.  Good
luck!

Michael Soucy
mikesoucy1262@xxxxxxxx