From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 1:10 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] 30 second hang?

David,

In my short time using RSE, (about 1 1/2 weeks) I too have also
encountered this, probably about two or three times a day with medium
usage.

I tend to have 2 or 3 windows open at a time, and have two perspectives
- full RSE vs. full screen editing with an outline panel.

I'm on XP pro and have a Gig of memory also.

I'm forcing myself to use it, but find that lags such as this, the time
it takes to load RSE for a new window, find a particular source file and
load it, having to constantly reach for my mouse (I hate that), and the
occasional GPF error makes it less than productive at this point.

copying and pasteing a new member is a pain.  opening a filter takes up
to 10-15 seconds.  I'm still not comfortable in the jpex editor and
compiling is a major headache.   All things that I could probably get
used to, but at this point, I don't see the productivity increase.

I'm going to give it another month to make sure I give it a fair chance.
But when I'm in a hurry, pdm and green screen is where I still feel
comfortable.