Okay, some people on this list get to say "I told you so."

I just completed the development of the same Web application twice: once
using PHP + JSR 223 + Tomcat, and once using JSP + Tomcat. This was just an
exercise for evaluation purposes. I would use WASE for production. The Web
application authenticates users on an iSeries and calls CL programs on the
iSeries using Toolbox for Java.

Although I personally prefer PHP to JSP, I would have to recommend JSP as
the tool of choice to our shop. I would make this recommendation for three
reasons: (1) Java is the way IBM prefers developers to access iSeries/i5
resources from the Web. The support for PHP and Java is limited, whereas JSP
is Java. (2) WDSCi has a lot of Web tools for iSeries developers. Learning
JSP will enhance one's ability to use WDSCi Web tools, wherease learning PHP
will not. (3) The Web applications we develop may one day grow complex.
Right now I can get away with Model 1 architecture, which levels the playing
field between PHP and JSP. But PHP does not have a clear path to Model 2
architecture, whereas JSP does.

Just wanted to relay my experiences...
Thanks,
Kelly