From: jlowary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jlowary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 2:05 p
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fw: [WDSCI-L] Cut/Past in WDSc

Ron and Matt,

Think this is turning out to be a never mind!

The Vendor has a Hex '00' and '22' in positions 5 and 6 to do a Highlight
of their comments, so I'm assuming that Windows, WDSc  or both are
assuming that the hex '00' is end of text string!  Since I'm only getting
4 blanks if I paste into notepad, While Word seems to be totally confused
(but I think it's been that way for YEAR's) and doesn't find anything in
the clipboard.

So my next question is can WDSc do a copy like SEU where you can copy from
one member to another (ie: split screen and just mark the lines with CC or
C99999 and the postion where to add the info with a "A or B"?  Anyway to
still do this between members in WDSc?  Doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks for checking into this for me.

-- Jim

----- Forwarded by JAMES LOWARY/MISTM/TMASTER/SALTON on 09/13/2004 02:53
PM -----

JAMES LOWARY/MISTM/TMASTER/SALTON
09/13/2004 02:08 PM

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Cut/Past in WDSc

Ron,

Would this be a filter in WDSc or one setup in Windows?  I've not changed
my WDSc setup other than to load a few plugins (Aldon, msg & splf from
SoftLandings) or should I send a "thank-you" to Willy Gates as they've
just switched me over to XP-pro in the last few days?  Not sure where
filter would be?  Does appear to block all text to Clipboard (other App's
are working OK), so I'm assuming it would be a WDSc setup thing.

Thanks for suggestion, I'll keep looking.

-- Jim

message: 9
date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:17:12 -0230
from: RPower@xxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Cut/Past in WDSc

I just tried what you said and tried to paste it into Notepad and got
everything I selected.  I just positioned my cursor in the program I
wanted to copy, went to edit, select all, then edit, copy, and pasted my
whole pgm into the notepad.
You sure you are selecting all the text and don't have a filter setup?  Is

all the text going blocked out?

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services