From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 10:46 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Re: Problems with Find and Filter selected text

Strange...

What version of the editor does the WDSCi installed on the particular
machine have?  Enter version on the LPEX command line to check.

Is the user selecting text by dragging the mouse?  I think LPEX 1.4.3
had an occasional problem with rectangle selections, fixed in iFix's
1.4.3.1 update.

Ensure the live-find dialog (brought up with Ctrl+F) doesn't have the
"Restrict search to columns" and "Restrict search to selection" boxes
checked.

Also, as a general remark, for the filter functions one should not
select extra spaces around the desired text.

Kelly Cookson wrote:
> We recently had all the developers in our shop start using WDSCi version
> 5.1.0.2.  One of the developers is having problems with the Find and the
> Filter functions on selected text. None of the other developers have
> reported a similar problem.
>
> Here are the specific behaviors:
>
> 1. Select text, then right-click and choose Selected > Filter selection.
> Only the line on which the text was selected (the current line) shows up
in
> the filtered view.
>
> 2. Select text, then right-click and choose Selected > Find selection. The
> cursor remains on the current line (no change) and the word "wrapped"
> appears in the LPEX editor message line.
>
> 3. Press CTL-F to get the Find dialog, enter text such as
"MY-STORAGE-AREA"
> in the textbox, and click the Next button. The cursor remains on the
current
> line and the following message appears in the LPEX editor message line:
>       "MY-STORAGE-AREA" Not Found
>
> 4. Press CTL-F to get the Find dialog, enter text such as
"MY-STORAGE-AREA"