Hi Peter,

I noticed your message in the mailing list yesterday and I don't think it
was answered.   Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but there is
a way to use RSE to compare two members (or files) from different
machines.

In the Remote Systems view:
-select a member from machine A
-press SHIFT then select another member from machine B
-right-mouse-click to bring up the popup menu
-select Compare With->Each other

The two members are then compared side-by-side.

Hope this helps,
____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/643/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Peter Colpaert" <Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/06/2004 05:00 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Source compare across systems

Hi group,

I haven't been able to find anything in the archives or the help text to
point me in the right direction.

Here's our situation:

We have several production iSeries machines, located all over Europe and
outside of it.

Our development is done here in Belgium, using a tape-copy of the
different production environments.

Sometimes, local IS people also make small changes to the sources, and
sometimes they forget to tell us, so that the sources are out of sync.
This can of course cause problems when we make modifications using our
version of the source.

What I would like to be able to do is verify - preferably using WDSCi -
which sources are no longer the same.

So my question is: can WDSCi be used to do a cross-system compare of many
many sources?  The alternative would be to copy/paste all sources to our
system in a different library, and use option 54 in PDM.

Thanks for any hints.

Peter Colpaert
iSeries Application Developer

Honda Europe NV
Langerbruggestraat 104
B-9000 GENT
Belgium
Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: +32 9 2501 334
Fax: +32 9 2501 231
----------
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be
hard to understand.
----------

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or
the entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If
you have received it by mistake, please let the sender know by e-mail
reply and delete it from your system.
disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Honda Europe NV is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in
its receipt.