   Douglas,

   I did a re-install about a week ago, and could not upgrade anything
   because something was left from the old install and WDSC thought it was
   up-to-date, even though I had not re-installed any upgrades.

   I'm in the middle of another re-install, and have so far, so good.
   Yesterday afternoon I started all over.  What I did was to un-install,
   delete the WDSC folder, the websphere studio folder, then used a free reg
   cleaner (RegSupreme trial version) to clean up all my register entries
   that it said were bad, empty, outdated, etc.  I made sure that there were
   not WDSC or ADTS entries left.  I defraged my disk (over night) and
   rebooted a few times after cleaning things up.  I ended everything I
   could, then started the install.  I restarted my computer when it asked me
   to after the installs, and am now updating from scratch.

   I know that this is not the way it *SHOULD* be, but it was the only way I
   could get things running correctly again.  I have the first 3 software
   upgrades loaded, and am working on getting the rest downloaded and
   installed.  I just hope nothing goes wrong with the download/install.
   I'll let you know how it is going.

   Jim Essinger
   Senior Programmer/Analyst
   UnLtd / SLFI / IMA