This'll be a mess. it is stated in the article that this will not look good - internal comments, etc. The tool, as many that were provided by MC in those days, is a quick-and-dirty kind of thing.

An extension to the tool would be to put list items on separate lines, as you show here. There's a lot of clarity in that arrangement. And to do a few things that'd help scanning, like omit certain keywords. An example could be the COND() keyword of the IF and ELSE commands. The following:

if (&lib *eq 'QTEMP') do
   /* run some code */
enddo

else if (&lib &eq 'QSYS') do
   /* run some other code */
enddo

else do
   /* still another set of commands */
enddo

scans better, IMO, than:

if cond(&lib *eq 'QTEMP') then(do)
   /* run some code */
enddo

else cmd(if (&lib &eq 'QSYS') then(do))
   /* run some other code */
enddo

else cmd(do)
   /* still another set of commands */
enddo

And the tool right now does not hadle comments aw well as I'd like, esp. a comment header. But it's a start, and there are enough parameters to control the output that it is pretty useful, I think. None of these magazine items are polished applications, after all. Let's hope the newer RSE editor handles things better.

Vern