Here I am trying to convert people to fixed format in CL (at least parts
of it) and free format in RPGLE.  Seems odd eh?  But I bet there's those
that will go down fighting for the other way.

I still use CL for stuff that can remain all CL without being shoehorned
in.  Like maybe a nightly backup routine.  But I don't use CL for the sake
of "that's the way we've always done it".  Like always wrapping a HLL
program in CL.  Especially if it's only to do something like OVRDBF (which
is better done, documented, etc, if done in the RPG).  And I sure won't
use it for multifile processing, etc.

But in general you're right.  The enhancements are too late for me.  But I
can't say too little - too late.  Those enhancements are nice.  Especially
the structured programming capabilities.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/28/2004 03:27 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] CL Formatting, was WDSc workstation requirements

Rob

I go back and forth on this. I try to do nice indents and other
"pretty-print" stuff, and, of course, that's wiped out if you prompt in
SEU. So I give up on "pretty-print". But then the structure is harder to
follow.

jLPEX in RSE has done some (IMO) really bad things. I've reported some and

I think they're on the list for being fixed. I believe the latest version
will/does have better options/customization for formatting CL - hope so.
Because I'd really like to keep indents, etc. Esp. with the new structured

opcodes in V5R3.

Of course, you'll never use those, since you don't use CL,
right?   Ducking!!  ;-)

Happy Memorial Day
Vern