Did you ensure that the application can be run on the green screen without
the userid running it's inlpgm ?  That is the most common cause of this
symptom (yeah, I do it too :-).

Changing the  link to use something other than the INVn indicates to me
simply that the invocation was incorrect. Change it using the "Add"
context option for CL commands in the WF perspective.

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx

"Chip Milosch" <cmilosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2004-05-12 08:38
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] RE: webfacing run failure

message: 3
date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:27:48 -0700 (PDT)
from: Chip Milosch <cmilosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] Ongoing webfacing issue

Simple web facing application still fails to start.  I have verified the
setting of QCHRID, and also tried directly invoking the program instead of
using the Invocation option on WFLOGON.

Still no response - after the logon I just go back to index.html.

My CL program is not being called, because the first thing it does is run
query that should produce some output

message: 5
date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:56:53 -0400
from: michaelr_41@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Ongoing webfacing issue

Any information in the job logs of the QQF* job or the webfacing server
jobs?

On Tue, 11 May 2004 11:27:48 -0700 (PDT), "Chip Milosch"
<cmilosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Simple web facing application still fails to start.  I have verified the
> setting of QCHRID, and also tried directly invoking the program instead
> of using the Invocation option on WFLOGON.
>
> Still no response - after the logon I just go back to index.html.
>
> My CL program is not being called, because the first thing it does is
run
> a query that should produce some output

******
In the job QQFVTSVR, I see the following in the job log:
Vary on completed for device QQF0B06670.
Pointer not set for location referenced.
Internal system error occurred in program QTVSREAD.
Vary off completed for device QQF0B06670.

When I do a WRKACTJOB JOB(QQF*) I have three jobs:
 QQFVTSVR     QUSER       BCI      .0  PGM-QQFVTSVR     DEQW
 QQFVTSVR     QUSER       BCI      .0  PGM-QQFVTSVR     DEQW
 QQFWFSVR     QUSER       BCI      .0  PGM-QQFWFSVR     TIMW

Does the message related to QTVSREAD point to a missing PTF?  The
explanation (when I press F1 on the Internal System Error line, the system
reports:

 Message . . . . :   Internal system error occurred in program QTVSREAD.
 Cause . . . . . :   An internal error has occurred in program QTVSREAD.
The
   internal error data is UNEXPECTED EXCEPTION. It is an APAR condition.
 Recovery  . . . :   Report the problem using the ANZPRB command.
 Technical description . . . . . . . . :   This message is sent when an
   internal error has occurred in a VTM/FM XPF module.  It is an APAR
   condition. It usually means some unexpected leg of an IF-THEN-ELSE or a
   SELECT OTHERWISE was run because of an internal error or value.