As other have pointed out, by default, WDSC will compile a file when it is
saved, so when you pull in files from CVS they are compiled automatically.
 There is, however, a preference which controls this, so if you are not
getting this behavior perhaps you have modified the preference.  Go to
Window -> Preferences.  This is actually the very first prefence and is
called "Perform build automatically on resource modification"  It should
be checked.

I think the Prefs dialog might remember your last location, so if
necessary, click on Workbench in the left hand preference selector.

Mark

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 1:05 PM
> Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Java Perspective
>

> > You can't.  WDSc is based on eclipse.  The eclipse project notion is
based
> > on the concept of incremental build -- which works especially well for
> > Java.  If you change a .java file, it is compiled when saved.  The IDE
> then
> > propagates the change through the project. It doesn't really
"recompile"
> > other .java files, it just shows the effect of the change, but no new
> class
> > files are created.  This allows you to track and fix all the errors in
the
> > project that the change may have caused.  You can turn off "autobuild
on
> > save" but you would still have to rebuild whole projects at a crack.
The