   OK, here's the problems I've been having:

   1.  If I turn on Automatic Uppercasing, It mucks up my CL commands.  For
   example:

   TEXT BEFORE PRESSING THE <enter key>:
               EXCSQL     SQLSTM('select pren, prcnm, prl01, prstat +
                             from hrdbfa/prpms where +
                             (prstat <> ''R'' and prtec = '' +
                             '')')  +

   TEXT AFTER PRESSING THE <enter key>:
               EXCSQL     SQLSTM('select pren, prcnm, prl01, prstat +
                             from hrdbfa/prpms where +
                             (prstat <> ''R'' and prtec = '' +
               EXCSQL     SQLSTM('select pren, prcnm, prl01, prstat +

   Similar results occur after pressing the <down-arrow key>, or pasting text
   with <ctrl-v>.

   2.  Then after turning it back off, I got the following crash when pasting
   some text into a command.  And the really weird thing is that it seems to
   have tried to automatically restart after the crash.  I got a 'Error on
   Startup' dialog referring me to the .log file in the .metadata directory.

   Here's what looks pertinent from the .log file
   !SESSION Mar 05, 2004 08:38:45.595
                  .               .               .
                  .               .               .
                  .               .               .
   !MESSAGE RSEG1067E
   !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Mar 05, 2004 08:53:53.826
   !MESSAGE Unhandled exception caught in event loop.
   !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Mar 05, 2004 08:53:53.826
   !MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
   !STACK 0
   java.lang.NullPointerException
           at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
                  .               .               .
                  .               .               .
                  .               .               .
   !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Mar 05, 2004 08:53:56.201
   !MESSAGE Unhandled exception caught in event loop.
   !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Mar 05, 2004 08:53:56.216
   !MESSAGE No more handles
   !STACK 0
   org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
                  .               .               .
                  .               .               .
                  .               .               .
   !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 2 Mar 05, 2004 08:53:56.654
   !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
   "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".
   !STACK 0
   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument not valid
                  .               .               .
                  .               .               .
                  .               .               .
   !SESSION
   !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Mar 05, 2004 08:54:04.310
   !MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
   !STACK
   java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
   java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No
   more handles

   Has anyone else seen these problems or have any ideas on how to avoid
   them?  If not, I'll open a SupportLine call.
   Michael Quigley
   Systems-Analyst
   The Way International
   www.TheWay.org