I'm trying to open a source member from RSE with CODE editor. I do not have a STRCODE session going. I get the MCH3401 that it can't find EVFDSPCH in the CODE comm log. Nothing in the WDSC log.

V5R1 of OS/400, pretty current on PTFs
V5 of WDSC Advanced with latest updates (as of a couple weeks ago)

The downloading window sits there, finally times out (I assume). Then, when trying again, I get "Host server is busy".

Looked in archives, saw something about library QCODE - no such animal on this box.

Windows XP SP1

If I STRCODE, it seems to work fine from CODE but not from RSE - does not find the CODE server. STRCODE *USRSPC has OS400 (default) in it, with lots of values, and has size of 4096. DSPF on it says it is using record length of 132 - 18 rows displayed altogether.

When I reboot Windows (to get rid of "busy" message) and start WDSC, then try to open a member again, it still hangs, same messages in Comm log. STRCODE *USRSPC now shows up in DSPF with row length of 3470, 3 of them, although object size is still 4096. Probably something strange with DSPF.

Port is 4200, IP address is correct.

====

A little history - I have tried to open a member with CODE that was also open in RSE, both for edit, IIRC.

Help
Vern