I will just respond about the workspace issue.  If all you are doing is
iSeries development, there is virtually no reason to need multiple
workspaces.  Having multiple workspaces would mainly be of benefit for
people that either:

a)  Have a large number of Java/Web projects and want to spread them out
for performance

b)  Someone like a consultant that has sets of "unrelated" work that they
want to keep separate.

Mark