Hi, Peter
Thanks for your email!
I tried to use the IP address, but still no luck and got the same error
message. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Robin
------------------------------

message: 7
date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:13:37 +0100
from: Peter Merikan <peter.merikan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] STRRSESVR error

try to use the ip-number to your desktop
STRRSESVR NAME(<your connection>) RMTLOCNAME('192.168.9.110')

I think it's a dhcp problem

/Peter

Robin.Li@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Before I try to start a interactive debug from WDS, I should do an
> STRRESSVR on the green screen. It used to work all the time, however, I
> run into the attached error today when I tried to run STRRSESVR
> blackbox(blackbox is the connection name to the Iseries in WDS):
>
> Message ID . . . . . . :   RSE2001       Severity . . . . . . . :   30
> Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
> Date sent  . . . . . . :   01/13/04      Time sent  . . . . . . :
15:55:29

> Message . . . . :   ERROR CONNECTING TO REMOTE SYSTEMS EXPLORER
> CAUSE . . . . . :   THE STRRSESVR COMMAND COULD NOT CREATE A TCP/IP
> CONNECTION
>   TO THE REMOTE SYSTEMS EXPLORER (RSE) AT REMOTE LOCATION 192.168.9.110
ON

>   PORT 4300.  POSSIBLE CAUSES: THE ISERIES RSE COMMUNICATIONS DAEMON HAS

> NOT
>   BEEN STARTED ON THE CLIENT. THE REMOTE LOCATION NAME IS NOT A CORRECT
> TCP/IP
>   HOSTNAME OR ADDRESS.  THE ISERIES RSE COMMUNICATIONS DAEMON IS
LISTENING