Rick, can you send me a screen capture of the message box offline?

Thanks,

Kushal Munir
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Ave., Markham, ON
Phone: (905) 413-3118        Tie-Line: 969-3118
Email: kmunir@xxxxxxxxxx

                      "Chevalier, Rick"

(E-mail)" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      credit.com>                  cc:

                      Sent by:                     Subject:  [WDSCI-L] 5.1
Error retrieving compile events file
                      wdsci-l-bounces@midra

                      nge.com

                      12/02/2003 03:04 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Websphere Development

                      Studio Client for

                      iSeries

I removed and re-installed 5.1 today trying to correct an issue that turned
out to be an option setting.  Now when I try to compile a program I get an
error when trying to retrieve the events file.  Compiles worked fine before
the re-install.

A message box appears titled RSEG1003U and tells me 'An unexpected
exception has occurred.'  The status bar along the bottom of the window
continues to move across it's frame until I perform some action that causes
it to be reset (another compile, open another member, ...). The details
button opens a display box with a rather large JAVA description of what
happened.  I don't really understand it but it looks like maybe WDSc is
trying to retrieve some sort of job information.

I do get a completion message in the iSeries Commands Log view.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Rick