Aaron, you said so much more easily what I took too many words to say - the program stops.

;-)

Vern

At 03:11 PM 11/26/2003 -0600, you wrote:
I guess I am going from the interactive standpoint.  It probably isn't
appropriate to say that it ends the job, but it does end the program that
was running in the job.  I am sure of that:-)

I agree with you on the batch job comment.  I would still like a say to end
the job when I terminate it from WDSc.  It can save me from having to reset
up files to run the next debug.

Aaron Bartell

-----Original Message-----
From: Vern Hamberg [mailto:vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 1:34 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] Debug Termination - does not end job on iSeries

I don't think F3 in STRDBG ends the job - if I am running debug in my own job, the debug session ends and execution stops at the last place I stopped at, whether by breakpoint or stepping.

If you were debugging a batch job, it probably looks like it ends the job,
but it doesn't - it just stops at that last statement. Having said that, I
can see it'd be the same when debugging a batch jog remotely, but an
interactive one should probably stay up. The distributed debugger, when it
debugs a new job, starts a batch job and it shuts down whenever debug or
the program ends.

HTH
Vern