I am using WDSc v5.1 with a 720 at V5R1 (all required PTFs are installed).

I have a problem with debugging any interactive applications. When I try
and debug (or run a program as) interactive I get the following dialog:

(Title bar is EVFC5001I)

A request to run an interactive command or program was received for the
RSE connection XXXXXXXX, but no interactive job is currently associated
with this connection.  To associate an interactive job with this
connection:
                1.  Start the iSeries communications daemon if it is not
already running.  Select the pull down menu from the Remote Systems view
and select iSeries -> Start Daemon
                2.  Open a 5250 emulator,
                3.  Run the CL command STRRSESVR NAME(XXXXXXXX)
                4.  This will associate the interactive job with this
connection, causing this dialog to close and your interactive command or
program to run.

I have to close the dialog to do anything.. so I think the text of step 4
is a bit misleading there!

When I go to the drop down arrow at the top of Remote Systems and click it
there is an iSeries tab with options underneath of Open Member (not Start
Daemon).

Just below this however there is a 'Stop Daemon' option. I've tried using
this to stop and start the daemon.

I then open a 5250 session (Client Access v5.2) enter the command as
specified. This then issues a screen that says "IBM RSE Communications
Server" with the connection name and job details.

However when I then go back to WDSc and try Debug As > Interactive I get
the dreaded dialog again..

Any suggestions to get this going? I can successfully debug as a batch
application...

Cheers,
Stu
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email
and then delete the message from your computer. The Skandia UK Group reserves
the right to monitor e-mail communications through its networks.

No contract may be concluded on behalf of the Skandia UK Group by email.

Skandia Life Assurance (Holdings) Limited Skandia Life Assurance Company
Limited Skandia MultiFUNDS Limited, Skandia Investment Management Limited.

Registered Nos: 1606702, 1363932, 1680071, 4227837, England
Registered Office: Skandia House, Portland Terrace, Southampton SO14
7EJ, United Kingdom

Royal Skandia Life Assurance Limited Registered No : 24916 Isle of Man
Registered Office: Skandia House, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man IM99
1NU, British Isles

Skandia Life Assurance Company Limited, Skandia MultiFUNDS Limited, Skandia
Investment Management Limited and Royal Skandia Life Assurance Limited are
authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for UK
investment business.

Internet: www.skandia.co.uk