My best guess is that you are having problems where you require HTTP proxy
to access the Internet.  If you have WDSC 5.1, then go to Window ->
Preferences and then choose Install/Update.  There is then a place where
you can enter your proxy configuration.  You should be able to copy
whatever you would enter in your browser configuration.

Also, since you successfully installed the Messages plug-in you can
actually skip one step in the spooled file plugin install.  When the
message plugin installs it adds our update site as a folder under your
"Sites to Visit" within Update Manager.  Expand that folder, and then
expand "SoftLanding.com Discovery Site".  You can then install the spooled
file plugin from there.  However, this still would require the HTTP Proxy
to be configured.

If you cannot get the connection working, send an email to the address
listed on our site, and they will email you alternate instructions that
works like the messages plugin.

Thanks

"Andy Youens" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/24/2003 02:02 PM
Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries