Tom

There is a workaround but I never got it to work properly and installed WDSC
5.0 instead.

At this time, there is no official support for WDT/400 V5.1 on Windows XP.
However, you can attempt to install WDT/400 on Windows XP with the
following work around.
Note that some functions may not work correctly with Windows XP.

These steps are performed before you install WDT/400. The final step where
you run v51setup.exe begins the install process.
1. Start the Windows registry editor. (In a CMD window run the regedit
command)
2. Drill down to the registry key
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IBM\WDT400\Transient]
If it doesn't exist create a new key (right mouse click on the icon in the
tree view)
3. Check the value for the key's string InstallSrcpath
and ensure that it is the same as the drive letter for the CD-ROM drive
that you install the product from. For example, if your CD-ROM is drive D:,
you would ensure that the value for InstallSrcpath is D: .
If the key string InstallSrcpath doesn't exist create a string
InstallSrcpath
Add data to this string, this data is the drive letter of your CD rom drive
you will install WDT/400 from, if this is the D drive then enter D:
4. From CD1 of WDT/400 V5.1, run install\msisetup.exe
5. From CD1 of WDT/400 V5.1, run install\bin\v51setup.exe

This is the link:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=715&context=SSZND2&q=winxp&uid=swg21047266&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Staffan Löfberg                            Tel +46 40 258582
Netorom AB                                Fax +46 40 258589
Box 9160                                    Mob +46 706 008825
S-200 39 Malmö