Phil,

>>A few of us are starting to use the debugger,

Great!

>> and sometimes run into some problems.  Can anyone tell me what to do
about this:

Oh oh!

>>STRRSESVR gives msg RSE2003 - CONNECTION DEFINED FOR DIFFERENT HOSTNAME.

>>I double checked that the host name defined in wdsc uses the correct IP
>>address, and in RSE I can access source on the as400.  But using that
same
>>hostname in STRRSESVR ends in RSE2003.

This is a known problem with hosts that have multiple IP addresses (the
problem is fixed in WDSc 5.1.)  There is a workaround for earlier releases
though:  You need to figure out which IP address the client uses for
communicating with the iSeries and use this for the RSE connection instead
of the hostname.  Easiest way to do this is run "GO CFGTCP" on the iSeries
then take option 1 (Work with TCP/IP interfaces.)  This will give you the
list of IP addresses your iSeries uses then it is just a matter of trying
each one (sorry!)

>>Somewhat related, sometimes (but not usually) the RSE dtaq's are created
in
>>QGPL.  Most times they're created in the programmer's current library.
Is
>>that a problem?

RSE uses a dataq to communicate between the client and the STRRSESVR
program in the 5250 session.  You can specify which library to create the
dataq in using the WRKLIB parameter (working library) for the STRRSESVR
command.  By default the command uses the previous specified value, or if
no previous value exists then QGPL is used.

>>Thanks for the help,

Hope this helps.

Don Yantzi
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx