From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mark Phippard
Sent: zondag 2 november 2003 21:12
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: [WDSCI-L] JVM Failed to Initialize

Paul,

I have seen messages in the WSAD forums that some people are having problems
using this new JVM on AMD CPU's.  Do you know if your CPU is an AMD or an
Intel?  FWIW, those people are getting runtime errors, the product still
works somewhat, so it is not the same as you.

You could try running it with a different JVM.  For example, install the
latest official JVM from Sun on your PC.  Then copy your WDSC desktop
shortcut, and add the following command-line args to the end of the exe
specified on the shortcut.

-vm C:\JavaFolder\bin\java.exe

This lets you start it with a different JVM.  IBM only "supports" their JVM,
but this might get you working, and it will not hurt anything since you are
just using another shortcut.

Here is a URL with more details on the command-line arguments.

http://download2.eclipse.org/downloads/documentation/2.0/html/plugins/org.ec
lipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/running_eclipse.htm

Hope this helps.

Mark