People,

I am just starting (2 hours ago) to use WDSCI v5.0 and would like to
know if what I am experiencing is typical.

My PC (1 gb ram, 2.1 Celeron, 10-100 network card) running XP, is
10-100mb lan-connected to an 820 iSeries with 1.5 gb of memory running
V5R2.

I created a connection to the iSeries.
This took between 6 and 8 minutes (during which time I could not tell if
anything was happening or not) ?

I then selected 'work with members' and created a filter for my RPG
sources.
This filter was placed on the same tree level as 'work with members',
rather than as a 'drill-down' option under 'work with members'.
I could not find a way to move this filter to where I wanted it.
i.e.    Select 'work with members'
        This expands to 'RPG sources'
                        'CL Sources'
                        'DDS Sources'
                        etc....

Am I missing something here, or does this tree not 'branch' ?

I have shut down normally and restarted WDSCI now several times. Restart
time is now 30-45 seconds, instead of 6-8 minutes, but why 30-45
seconds?

I have entered my ID and password and checked 'save password' (NUMEROUS
times), but am asked for my password every time I restart WDSCI.
Sometimes it is not until I attempt to open a source, sometimes it is
before the workbench appears.
Is there an option somewhere else I need to set ?

I did a CtrlF to 'S&R'. A nice dialog box appeared below the 'code'
window. I cant' find a way to make it go away. How do I get rid of it?

I then clicked on the search' flashlight' on the tool bar, clicked on
the 'file search' tab, and entered some characters I knew were not in
the currently opened source file.
It has been 20 minutes now and no results, still have 'hourglass', and I
cannot cancel the search.

I like the concept and opportunities this product promises to deliver,
but I am wondering "Is it ready for prime time"?

TIA for any help or opinions.

Tim Kredlo