Adrian

It is an iSeries member, and when I type past what would be the end of the record, I do get a message that I went over and there will be truncation when I save it. So it looks as if it does know about the record length and honors it. Don't know if this is what you expect to see, but, again, it is an iSeries member. Of course, behind the scenes, it seems to be using a temporary local copy, but the attributes seem to be preserved. OTOH, if I go to the File menu, to the recently-used list, it shows them as local copies. I think (hope?) that it compares the local copy to the member on the iSeries, but have not verified this.

I do get the message on that message line. I'm not sure about resetting, what that means. Nothing seems to happen, other than the warning, which seems to be what you originally described.

Anyway, it seems good enough, now that I understand it. It'd still be nice to see the record length in the properties window, or in one of the properties tabs when you right-click on a member or file name. I guess on the file, since it is a file attribute. But it could descend to the member, too, I suppose.

Thanks

Vern