Mark

I think you're right about the need for IBM to focus on languages that most people use - C/C++ are probably used mostly by business partners developing utility and system kinds of things. Phil Coulthard has responded to that effect before, and I understand the need to decide where to employ scarce resource.

I sometimes use TextPad to edit C code. It, like most Windows editors, has no concept of record length. I've got into trouble with this sometimes.

But you can tell it to wrap at a certain number of characters. But this does not put newlines in, however, so it's like most ascii editors, I suppose.

I don't know how CodeWright works - some of us use it here.

SEU has its problems, too - if you overflow a source record, the coursor moves to the sequence number field - not a cool thing but we've all got used to it.

Wrapping within the record length could be cool.

BTW, I noticed that there is no C/C++ parser under Remote Systems in Preferences. I'll look elsewhere, but maybe you know - is it found somewhere else - because that is where the preferences for the CL parser are actually set.

Regards

Vern