Thanks, everyone for your suggestions.

I think I MAY have found the problem, and it is a strange one if I am
correct.  I believe it is because the name of the iSeries library that
I'm importing my dds from has numbers in the name.

Here's what I am seeing:  The iSeries library name is CCB3070.  When I
import the dds source and run the application, a directory is created on
my hard drive for the generated jsp and JavaScript classes in my
workspace at

.metadata\.plugins\.....\rapp.war\RecordJSPs\CCB_00033_00030_00037_00030
\QDDSSRC\

Note the library name expanded from CCB3070 to
"CCB_00033_00030_00037_00030" This ultimately created a path name 251
bytes long which sounds suspiciously like a limit to me.  We did see
some errors at one point that hinted a "file name too long" on the error
page.

I changed the iSeries library name to CCBWF and re-importing our source
and the problem has not recurred.

Best regards,
Kendall