I have received a good deal of negative responses about violating
advertising policy.
We have no relationship whatsoever with SoftLanding.  We are a very
supportive customer though in that we recommend using TurnOver for all our
changes.  I talked about not working for SoftLanding in the previous e-mail
and that I would send this e-mail separate but I forgot to mention it in
the below e-mail.  I reviewed the e-mail very finely again and everything
there is true as far as I know.  I did not intend for this to be an
advertisement and I guess it does sound like an advertisement.  I do not in
any way market TurnOver better than any other change management product
besides WDSC ADM as I do not know enough about other products.  The
intention was to inform people of a tool that can help them in WDSC.
Helping people with WDSC is the purpose of this list.
Okay, maybe it does get toward the line of an advertisement.  Adhering to
policies is very important to me and if it is determined that I have
violated an advertisement policy, I sincerely apologize.  Even if it does
not violate an advertisement policy, I apologize for steering away a bit
from the main focus.  I will try to focus on core WDSC issues in the
future.
The link from "IBM's recommended upgrade" on the SoftLanding website shows
IBM's direction in change management directly from IBM.  See the direct
link below.
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas1084b0c4f0f30547486256c5a00778940
There are several reasons I thought my e-mail was not an advertisement
during composition due to information I did not directly supply:
1. IBM has recently announced the discontinuance of marketing for ADM
(Application Development Manager) and ADS (Application Dictionary Services)
in the next release after OS/400 V5R2.  They are in favor of change
management products that manage WebSphere deveopment, such as TurnOver.
2. "IBM asked SoftLanding to develop a special Migration Package to
facilitate the transition between ADM and TurnOver".
3. Again, the TurnOver plug-ins make WDSC worth using.  I did not find
myself using WDSC (RSE, etc) until the plug-ins because WDSC was so slow.
So, it is superior in my mind over WDSC ADM due to how slow WDSC is.
Others may have different opinions.
4. Maybe if you shave off the last two sentences and the others dealing
with my opinion of TurnOver in general.  This was just to show my level of
satisfaction.  They asked me to be a part of the early release of the
TurnOver plugins, not the TurnOver product (clarify there).  Okay, I
probably should have taken the last sentence out.

Thanks,
Craig Strong