Start debugger on my PC (shortcut on toolbar says:
C:\IBMDEBUG\bin\idebug.exe   -a)
Thanks for the fast response Vadim,

On Attach window enter (some default from last time)
        Host:MA
        Job to Debug: Current job name and number
        Name of the program to debug:DAVEB/HSFS001G
        Check box checked for Use program profile and Step into
Enter STRDBGSVR on Host session
        Click attach

Usually (like yesterday) at this point, a box on the PC appears that says
"Start job on host and click OK"
Today  a box appears with the CPF message "Host: CPF3918 Service Request
cancelled".

The host session seemed to be locked up, I had to cancel it from another
job.

Since my original message I closed and cancelled and signed off everything
and took the standard answer of reboot the PC.

Dave