Mark
   Thanks for the reply, the problem is that when i go to "Perspective
-> Open Perspective -> Other"  there is no option for RSE is it called
some thing else, maybe i'm looking for the wrong thing. Thanks Bill

wdsci-l-admin@midrange.com wrote:

Bill,

I do not think Don was saying you need to do a fresh install, he was just
saying that after a fresh install the RSE is the default perspective.

One thing Don did not point out is that the name of the Perspective you
are using appears in the title bar of the application.  It should say
Remote System Explorer when you are in the RSE Perspective.  If you are
not in that Perspective, then switch to it by choosing Perspective -> Open
Perspective ->Other and then selecting it from the list.

Once you have it open, it is possible that it still doesn't look like what
you expect.  This is because you can rearrange and completely change a
Perspective and it will remember those changes.  Fortunately, on the
Perspective menu there is a Reset Perspective option that will put the
Perspective back in its default layout.  Try that and see if it helps. You
should see a "Remote Systems" view anchored to the top left with options
to create connections as Don indicated in his message.

Hope this helps.

Mark