Am giving it another shot. Was at WebSphere Enablement classes last week in
Rochester, used the client all the time and am more confident in its
stability (SP 2 installed).

Something odd today, however. I think there needs to be better linkage
between RSE and CODE.

I've set up a couple profiles, for 2 of our products. This is so that I can
have unique filters for each environment.

I had then set up 2 connections, using each profile respectively. I then
altered the startup by right-clicking a subsystem and going to Properties.
Changed libraries to add, and put in an initial command (CHGSYSLIBL).

Then I put in some filters, etc. Also turned on caching for lists.

Then I used CODE to edit a member. While CODE was open, I made changes to
the initial actions (different set of libraries to add to LIBL, took away
the CHGSYSLIBL. Then I disconnected and reconnected. I expected the library
list (under iSeries objects subsystem) to be different, but it wasn't.
Finally figured out that I had to clear the cache.

Then I closed the CODE window. However, there was still a QZRCSRVS job on
the iSeries with the old LIBL. It was the CODE server job. This did not get
shut down after closing the CODE window. Problem is, my initial setup in
WDSC was incorrect, putting a library in the LIBL that should not have been
there. It could create lock problems, e.g.

I had to go to Communication Daemon to clean up things. I got some messages
about the library list would not get changed until the server was
restarted. When I shut down the server inside the console, and then exited
the console, I got another message that the Daemon had to be restarted.

I said yes. Now I don't see the Daemon, can't start the Console, but CODE
still works from RSE. There are a couple QZRCSRVS jobs still there. and a
couple tasks in Windows, Evfcsvrd and Evfctcpd going.

End of log:

EVFCTCPD.EXE Tue Oct  8 12:53:44 2002 ** Error logging begins **
EVFCTCPD.EXE Tue Oct  8 12:53:44 2002 Invalid security server table entry:
Uid or RL missing.
EVFCTCPD.EXE Tue Oct  8 12:53:57 2002 CPXL: A buffer passed to a system
call is too small to hold return data.
EVFCTCPD.EXE Tue Oct  8 12:53:57 2002 Translation failed with error number
0 in position 0.
EVFWLX40.EXE Tue Oct  8 12:53:58 2002 Invalid security server table entry:
Uid or RL missing.
EVFCTCPD.EXE Tue Oct  8 12:59:27 2002 CPXL: A buffer passed to a system
call is too small to hold return data.
EVFCTCPD.EXE Tue Oct  8 12:59:27 2002 Translation failed with error number
0 in position 0.