Paul,

If all you need to do in your job is edit RPG and DDS and you like SEU
than that is what you should be using.  WDSc was created to assist
programmers that need to program in a mixed environment of
RPG/COBOL/CL/DDS plus Java, web pages, web facing etc...  WDSc includes a
full copy of the WebSphere server so that you can test and debug web
application on your PC.  These things take RAM and CPU to run, but they
make it possible for you to do your job better and faster.

I suppose the other market it addresses are those that have purchased
zero-interactive servers, although in that case I do not see how those
people would be editing RPG/DDS applications anyway.  Nonetheless, those
people need tools too.

RAM is cheap, PC's are cheap.  There is no reason that any programmer
today should not have a 700+ Mhz PC with 512 MB of RAM which is plenty to
run WDSc.  If you need to run the built in WebSphere server a lot, then I
would bump that up to 1 GB of RAM.

Mark

"Paul Nicolay" <paul.nicolay@pandora.be>
Sent by: wdsci-l-admin@midrange.com