Vernon, you plea for a roadmap is well taken. Indeed, we are hoping to put
something together soon
in the form of documentation and make it available on the web.

Meanwhile, I do have some tips:
  #1. If you are not an existing CODE/400 user, then please start with WDSC
(eg, the WSSDa Start Menu
          item), and the Remote Systems Explorer within it. From a PDM
point-of-view, this should be a more
         natural path that diving right into the CODE editor.
  #2. When WDSc comes up, you will see a Welcome page on the right, that
should help you get started.
         Eg, it will describe that you start by creating a new system
connection (that text is in blue and you can
         click on it to start the New Connection wizard).
  #3. Once you have a connection created, simply expand it until your are
looking the libraries in your
         library list. These can be expanded to drill down into them, and
source files can be expanded to
         see the members within them. Right click on a member, and you will
see options to edit it with the
         "iSeries editor" or the "CODE editor".  If you are not a CODE
user, I'd start with the iSeries editor
         first, and if you find that lacking, then try the CODE editor.
 #4. You can right-click on anything to see other useful actions, like
rename, copy, move, and delete. If
         you select Properties... at the bottom of the popup menu, you'll
see a lot of information about the
         selected lib/obj/mbr, some of which can be edited right there.
Also, when you select something,
         its core properties are shown in the Properties viewer that sits
below the RSE tree.
 #5. You can open a table on a filter or library or file to see its
children and their properties in a multiple
        column table, which can be sorted by property by clicking on the
column heading.
 #6. You can create pdm-like user defined actions by right clicking on
iSeries Objects under a
         connection, and then choosing Work With -> User Actions.
  #7. When you get tired of drilling down via the library list, select one
of the "Your libraries...",
        "Your objects..." or "Your members..." to specify filter
information that is just like
        WRKLIBPDM, WRKOBJPDM and WRKMBRPDM, except the filter information
is
        remembered from day to day.

Phil Coulthard, iSeries Software Architect,  IBM Canada Ltd.
coulthar@ca.ibm.com.