The user can be set several ways. First, the AppPool has a user, NetworkService on IIS6 and the app pool id on IIS7 (similar to NetworkUser). You could change the app pool user to a "real" user that can access the IFS. Alternatively you could use impersonation in web.config. That would be my preference, but if you need to use background threads (QueueUserWorkItem or explicit) then you need to handle impersonation yourself. It's rather easy, but you have to do it.

-Walden

--
Sent from my wireless device, please excuse typos and terseness.