That would be worth documenting for the future.
--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Bryce Martin
<bmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, so I know its been a couple of months since we talked about this,
but being pretty much a 1 man shop this summer has put a hamper on
productivity... trying to get things done in between pc issues, printer
issues,... well you get the point.

Anyway... I got it!

So, you can get feedback from the .Net program that is called using
Console.Writeline. That will put it out to the job's spoolfile. Now, I
imagine you could get fancy and process the spoolfile after the job
completes and do something with that information. But I chose to write
some log files of my transactions from the .Net classes. I can pass
parameters via RUNRMTCMD just like STRPCCMD.

One thing that caught me, that I didn't think about was with the
authentication. The .NET program will try to use the username and
password sent to authenticate on the windows server to try and
authenticate to the network share on the IBM i. So you need to make
sure that the username and password sent from the CL command is valid on
both environments. So in my case I had to make sure the username and
password was the same in AD as on the IBM i. I don't know why I didn't
think about it when I was writing it, but had me confused for about an
hour as to why I could run it locally on the server, but didn't seem to
work from the CL call.

Should I try to post up any code samples? Anybody think it would make a
good article on a blog or industry rag?

Thank You
Bryce Martin
National Ticket Company