As far as I know Data Direct providse an Entity Framework DB2 option. Additionally IBM DB2 Connect product also provides it as far as I know. All options cost $$$.

This is why we went with NHibernate instead of Entity Framework a few years back. Back then Entity Framework was a 1.0 product, might be better though today. I don't think there is a free Entity Framework option for IBM DB2 like there is with other database platforms.

NHibernate provides the same feature set as Entity Framework and it's been around a lot longer, only downside is it's LINQ implementation is not as good.

My 2 cents.

From: Mike Wills [mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:24 PM
To: .net use with the System i
Subject: Re: [SystemiDotNet] Microsoft's Entity Framework and the IBMi

Now I really want 7.1 to check it out.

--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me

Sent from my mobile.
On Jun 27, 2012 6:46 PM, "Craig Pelkie" <craig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On a PC with IBM i Access for Windows V7R1M0 installed, I see the
following
DLL:

c:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Shared\iDB2EntityFramework.dll

The DLL does not appear in a IBM System i Access for Windows V6R1M0
install,
so it seems to be newly added to the V7R1M0 version.

I have not seen any additional information about the DLL, but it is a
starting point.

Craig Pelkie