What are the advantages of using the IBM .NET provider over OLE or ODBC?
I have been going thought the assembly and the only benefit I see is the
IBM data types and tracing. The only issue I ran into is converting
byte arrays into string. Here is my solution:

Private Function getTable(ByVal SelectCommand As String, ByVal
Connection As iDB2Connection, Optional ByVal convertByte As Boolean =
True) As DataTable

Dim cmd As New iDB2Command(SelectCommand, Connection)

Dim da As New iDB2DataAdapter(cmd)

Dim ds As New DataSet

Try

da.Fill(ds, "table0")

If ds.Tables("table0").Rows.Count = 0 Then

Return New DataTable

ElseIf ds.Tables("table0").Rows.Count > 0 And Not
convertByte Then

Return ds.Tables("table0")

Else

Dim table1 As New DataTable("table1")

' Parse column data types from Table0 to Table1

For Each dc0 As DataColumn In
ds.Tables("table0").Columns

Dim dc1 As New DataColumn(dc0.ColumnName,
dc0.DataType)

If dc1.DataType Is GetType(Byte()) Then

dc1.DataType = GetType(String)

End If

table1.Columns.Add(dc1)

Next

ds.Tables.Add(table1)

' Parse all data from Table0 to Table1

For Each dr0 As DataRow In ds.Tables("table0").Rows

Dim dr1 As DataRow = table1.NewRow()

For i = 0 To dr0.ItemArray.Count - 1

' Convert Byte() to String

' Not sure if other datatypes need some
conversion

If TypeOf (dr0(i)) Is Byte() Then

Dim byteArray As Byte() = dr0(i)

Dim field0 As New iDB2CharBitData(byteArray)

dr1(i) = field0.ToString(37)

Else

dr1(i) = dr0(i)

End If