Hello,

I'm in the middle of writing a VB app that interacts with the iSeries.
The windows form captures some data entered by the user, builds some
parameters, and executes a stored procedure to return a data set. The
problem I'm having is that one of the parameters is a list of values to
be used in an IN clause.

For example:

Select * from myFile where field1 in (parm1)

I build parm1 in VB as a list of values like this: 'VALUE1', 'VALUE2',
'VALUE3'. I include the single quotes with the parm. If I pass just
one value, I do get a data set back, but when I pass several values in
the IN expression, I don't get anything back. Has anybody done
something like this? If so, how did you make it work?

So far I have not had luck in getting a data set back. I fact, I've
been trying to call the stored procedure from iSeries navigator typing
the list of values but I have not been able to make it work. Can
anybody offer any suggestions or alternatives?

Thank you,

Antonio Mira

Application Developer

Time Warner Cable www.timewarnercable.com <http://www.twc.com> Mid-Ohio
Division

1015 Olentangy River Road - 2nd Floor

Columbus, OH 43212

email: antonio.mira@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:antonio.mira@xxxxxxxxxxx>

aim: antomiratwc

phone: 614 827 7949

P Go Green! Print this email only when necessary. Thank you for helping Time Warner Cable be environmentally responsible.

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner
Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential,
or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents
of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of this E-mail and any printout.