Mary,

A MsgBox is a WinForms concept, but you're using it from an aspx page.
While it's still valid .net code (it's just a method call), it makes no
sense in the context of a web site. A message box will show up on the
"local" machine where the vb code is running, so if you're trying to
notify a user on the other end of a web-connection they'll never see the
message.

Given the code snippet in your message I'd say you should add a
CustomValidator to the aspx page and have the validation be that both
boxes can't be empty.

This "worked" locally because the client (your browser) and the "server"
were the same machine locally. I'll bet you were running from w/in VS
too, using the built-in "Web server" so the server wasn't even running
as a real service.

-Walden