I have a small test app that I've been playing with, learning how to
connect and pull data from my i5. Good news is I got it working
perfectly. Bad news is I changed the input file and now it's not
working.

The file that I have changed to is a JD Edwards file that has the
Business Unit field in it. This is a very common field in JDE, and a
little strange. It's a 12 digit character field, but almost always has
a right-justified numeric value in it.

I am including this field in my grid, along with the Item number and
Quantity on hand. When the grid loads, I see a red 'X' for the Business
Unit and I get the following error:

System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.GetFormattedValue(Object value,
Int32 rowIndex, DataGridViewCellStyle& cellStyle, TypeConverter
valueTypeConverter, TypeConverter formattedValueTypeConverter,
DataGridViewDataErrorContexts context)

I have no idea what this means, but I assume it means that VB is
assuming that this field is numeric, but then crashing when it finds
there is non-numeric data in the field (blanks). The other two fields
show up fine.

How do I resolve this error? Is there a specific property I need to set
on the column to force a character data type?

Thanks

Bob Cagle

IT Manager

Lynk, Inc.