Subject: Re: [SYSTEM21] Inventory Year End Closing Issue
From: Richard Caldicott <[2]richard_caldicott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, July 13, 2010 9:56 am
To: System 21 Users <[3]system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Our procedure at year end (and we just went through it too) is to do the
month end and then use 8/STINM (we use Style) to change the year. We
don't use the stats so it is the easiest solution for us - I know some
people will disagree and say run the year end option. We had this
problems a few years ago but spotted it within a couple of hours so we
just had inventory transactions and were able to fix before they posted
to the G/L. There is no real short cut.

Inventory: Use SQL to change the period on INP95/96
Order entry : Use SQL to change the period on OEP65/70 (APP65/70 if
Style)
A/R: SQL period on SLP15/20 and run a rebuild
G/L: Run query over G/L to summarize postings by G/L Account. Post
reversing entry to period 1012 using 35/GLU and then repost with
original signs to 1101 using same option.

Best advice is don't rush it and don't try to cut corners.

Richard