JBA/GEAC/System21 naming standards? ;)

It's a bit of a melting pot but from what I've discovered over the years
here is a quick and rough guide:

*Source:*
files - SOURCELIB/QDDSSRC
dspf - OBJECTLIB/DISPLAYS
rpg - SOURCELIB/QRPGSRC
cl - SOURCELIB/QCLSRC
Copybooks - (mainly) OSLCOPYSRC

*DDS:*
Physical files are in the for AAPxx
AA - application
P - Physical file
xx - numeric counter
for example item master in inventory is INP35

Field Reference Files exist for each application (GLREF, PLREF, INREF,
OEREF, CSREF, etc..).

Field names are generally 6 character: 1-4 descriptive 5-6 same as file
suffix
ie: CONO35 is Company Code on Inp35

Logicals (oh dear) a complete mashup of naming standards.
Back in the last century of JBA the standard was to give the logical a
meaningful name (ie: ORDLINES or PARTS) but this loosely migrated to
matching the physical name suffixed with Lxx (ie: OEP55L01 ir INP35L01)
later on.

Audit files are generally suffixed with an A (SOP Order header Audit file is
OEP40A)

Bespoke files are *generally *suffixed with a U (ie INP35UL1)

Program Naming Standard:
um. Generally along the lines of AAxxxY
AA - Application
xxx - numeric counter
Y - Alpha counter

For example OE100 is Order Entry and OE100C is Order Entry Conversational

CLP - normally have CLP tagged on the end.

DSPF - either have a 'D' or an 'FT' on the end of the file name.

---------

I'll have to wave the 'all this may not be strictly accurate' flag - as
standards seem to have been only loosely applied all the way from the
Olympic development bods down to the code written at branches or even the
bespoke code written in the field that was then merged into standard
product.

Personally I'd consider applying your own Source Repository Standards :)

Hope this helps!!!!!

Cheers,
Nick