Actually you can run an SQL statement that will list open Cycle Sheets.

With your Library list set, Enter "STRSQL"
Then enter:
SELECT STRC77, PNUM77,PRIN77, CTNO77, ACNO77 FROM INP77
WHERE PNUM77 = 'your-item' and PRIN77 = '0'

This will list the active Cycle Count for the Item.

Clearing the SPGS60 flag will allow you to create a new Cycle Count, but
you may confuse the system with 2 active count sheets and both Cycle
Count adjustments will be processed.

Make sure there are no active Cycle Counts before clearing this flag
(SPGS60) in Inventory or SCIP30 in Warehousing WHP30.

ALSO

If you ever create a Cycle Count and need to remove it but it had been
completed,
You can select the Update Run, but select "Do Not Generate Adjustments"
This will allow the system to clear the items from the cycle count with
the normal System/21 process.